A sister who is actually a cousin | Teen Ink

A sister who is actually a cousin

This is a quotation from Hamilton.

“I know my sister like I know my own mind/You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind…I love my sister more than anything in this life/I will choose her happiness over mine every time.”

What does this have to do with the topic, you may ask. Actually, I'm going to talk about my sister, who is actually not my own sister but my mother's sister daughter, that is my cousin from my mother's side(actually I've two such sisters but here, I'm mostly mentioning the elder one out of them).

Personally, I do not have an own sister but I have a little brother. But, I do long for a sister because I'm a girl and it is more comfortable for me to share my problems and feelings to a sister more than a brother. I consider those two cousins of mine as my sisters as we've grown together and they know almost everything about me and I equally love both my sisters and brother.But, many I know misunderstand me and always tell me to leave the thought.

Is blood always necessary for a sibling bond? Cannot we be siblings with the ones who our heart selects? According to me, in this era, if people can commit crimes just because their heart decides it, then people can love someone as a sibling too. Law is a barrier when it comes to crimes. But, do criminals consider it? No! And all that is for a misdeed. But, loving someone as your sibling is actually a good thing, isn't it? So, why do you have to take blood as a barrier?

Sometimes our own sibling may leave us in hard times. But, there might always be that best friend who always has your back. How do you pay your gratitude to her? You could always promote her to be your sister not as a promotion but as a token of appreciation and gratitude.

A life without a sibling is really unimaginable for me. And life without my sister, would literally be without sunshine and lollipops. I love my sisters to the moon and back! They truly are the pillars of support of my life.

When I feel depressed, my sister is the one who cheers me up. She listens to me without judging me, understands me and knows my taste in life. She is like my own sister. Correction: she is my own sister. Our heart is chained with sisterhood and I'm glad to have such a sensible sister who always loves me the way I am, despite all the stupid things I do and gives up anything to be my partner-in-crime. I love her so much and I have to say, "We're cousins by chance, but sisters by choice"

To Awrah and Aara...

I shall always love you both...❤❤❤

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

@EveLOverlord
@bugjuicepoetry
Thank you for the comments...

bugjuicepoetry ELITE, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"I was born very far from where I'm supposed to be. So, I guess I'm on my way home."

This is a genuinely awesome article, my cousin is my best friend and i loved reading this

EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

The only way that anyone can truly learn is through pain, through emotional scars that remind you everyday why you won't make the same mistake again.

You are Awesome Afra! I was wondering if you could check out my work, I am an aspiring writer and I just started submitting. It's alright if you don't, but I would appreciate it al lot!

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

@CaliFranceGurl648, Thank you...💝💝💝

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

@IzzyMossie137, thank you...❤❤❤

CaliFranceGurl648 GOLD, San Diego, California

“I am a California girl, born and raised, so flip-flops and cutoff shorts are my go-to look."

– Meghan Markle

@IzzyMossie137, I totally agree with you.

– Meghan Markle

Not a popular opinion but a GREAT one. If everyone thought like this, there will be no such as orphans. Of course, cousins are siblings who were not born as your own siblings because if you were both born to same parents, they would not have been able to handle you both together.

IzzyMossie137 GOLD, Aurora, Illinois

"Life is a journey I don't have a map for."
-Delta Goodrem-

Blood is NEVER necessary for a bond. Now, I'm adopted, I live with my 3 Foster siblings(one is even married) and my 2 step-siblings live close by. My Foster siblings are not only close with me but also with my step siblings and our parents are all okay with it. All of us are siblings to each other without blood.