Love | Teen Ink

Love

We all know what love brings.
Happiness
Laughter
Joy
Basically, it's almost as if everything is new, brighter, and somewhat better. You may be passing a dog pooping on the sidewalk and be totally engrossed by it because in some way, it reminds you of him/her. You can't stop thinking about anything except how the next time you two meet will be so much fun! When you sit there, attempting to pay attention to a movie, the main character might do something to remind you of that special someone. Love works in weird ways,huh?!
However,the real question is: Does love truly exist? Is it something that lasts for a lifetime or is it just something that fades away to only be rekindled once more?
Take a look at yourself, your past relationships, your friend's relationships, your parents' relationship, or fictional relationships.
Now take a deep breath
Yes, for some of us, love seems to just be a train stop. You get on it. You enjoy the ride. Then, you get off. And later, get back on again.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying love sucks. Train stops suck. But Love...alas no. Love is something far greater than any worldly item. It's a work of God, Mother Nature, Buddha, Shivai, Or some Other Great Being.
So bear with me here. What I'm trying to say is that love comes and goes. We all know that, right?!
But where does true love fit into all of this?
Well, true love, for one, always lasts. It may take time to finally get there and schmack you in the face,but the real thing is that it's there.
I guess, as I sit here moments after having watched The Notebook, I can only question and reaffirm my beliefs. I know that love is out there for EVERYONE. We are all the creations of a Higher Being and I'm positive that He/She/It would want us all to be happy. At least, I hope so.

So as you can probably guess, I'm new at this. I'm not great. But I would love to learn and get better. Anyways...that's about it.