When Should you Stop? | Teen Ink

When Should you Stop?

By lexi10824 PLATINUM, Portalnd, Oregon
lexi10824 PLATINUM, Portalnd, Oregon

Do you have goals in life? Think about what you want to be when you grow up. What if that all suddenly got ruined by one, simple mistake?

Some people are naturals when it comes to children, some are not. Some people have children at fifteen; some at thirty. Which would you rather be? A responsible thirty-year-old with a partner and a career, or a teenager that's in school and still learning some of the main goals in life. They are ill-prepared to have a child. "Children shouldn't have children," I've heard may say.

The time may be right. You may feel more passionate than ever, that you really think that you are with the right person. Then and there it happens. But maybe you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Think about what might happen if you got pregnant with a guy that you didn't care about-or for that matter-one that you did. Most guys that get teenagers pregnant leave and abandon them. Which may seem like it's only hurting the mother, but it also hurts the child.

Child birth is a beautiful thing. You have to be with the right person to realize that, and at the right age. When you are in school, you want to go hang out with your friends and go to parties, but when you are a teen mother, you can't. You have a new responsibility now; your child. If you don't already have one, you know that you need to get a job or you won't be able to support the baby and yourself.

In conclusion, wait until you are with the right one and you are married to have unsafe sex. There are many ways to prevent teen pregnacy-one main way-don't have sex.

Hey! I'm not a big reader, but I love to write; especially poetry. You can really express yourself in a good way. <3
A good show to watch with this kind of lesson is The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Justin said...
I don't care for how you said that most teenage guys abandon a girl when they get pregnant. It adds to a stereotype and makes the girl seem innocent when both people agreed to take part in the actions that led to a woman becoming pregnant. Now of course, I'm not saying there aren't dumb guys cause I know a lot in my life but the way you used it in this writing kinda sounds like you're labeling all guys to be that way when in fact there are many that also stay with the girl. I do however like the idea of just not doing it in the first place because it is irresponsible of both parties and isn't something teenagers should be doing anyways. I hope I didn't sound too rude but I just thought I would say that. Otherwise, really good content and ideas :)

Justin said...

kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
Very much agreed.

BellaLuna1 BRONZE, Ozone Park, New York
so u r saying wait until u r married? i agree! but as u said the right person is key, i x3 secret life and i am really glad i read this. i like the way you wrote it

JamminJos23 GOLD, Sandy, Oregon

Stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone.

lexa... omg. -jos