Truth (what is that again?) | Teen Ink

Truth (what is that again?)

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

Truth, what is that again? Is it what we need to hear? Is it what really happens? Is it what we think will happen? Is it what words were supposed to mean or is it how they were taken? Is it the way you meant for things to turn out or is it the way things did turn out? Is truth what we make it or how we take it? Or is truth simply what actually came to be, rather then what was meant to be?
Truth should be what we want to hear. It needs to be what really happens. We wish it was what we think will happen. It should be what words were supposed to mean and how they were taken. It needs to be the way you meant for things to turn out, not the way things did turn out. It should be what we make it, but not how we take it. Truth should simply be what was meant to be, instead of what actually came to be.
Truth isn’t just what people make us believe, it’s not what we need to hear or what we want to hear, it’s what we should hear. It is what really happens not what we think will happen. It’s what words were supposed to mean not how they were taken. Yet, it isn’t the way we meant for thing to turn out; it’s the way things did turn out. It’s isn’t what we make it or how we take it. Truth is simply what came to be, and sadly not what was meant to be.
Truth is a lot of things. Sometimes it’s not what it should be or what we need it to be and it’s certainly not what we want it to be! But it’s there and it’s real; whatever it may be. Search for it, seek it out and you might be lucky enough to find it…., but you might not be strong to accept it. All you can do is hope you are strong enough or you have to settle for whatever “Truth” people choose to share with you.

Inspired By: Night World (Book 1)