Fight Back | Teen Ink

Fight Back

January 11, 2010
By 2stickelmaier GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
2stickelmaier GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It could be physical, sexual… even emotional. Relationship abuse doesn’t have to be a slap in the face or a shove. Sometimes the most damaging abuse comes from someone you love not show love back.

There are hundreds of excuses, “I’ve had a bad day,” “I’m under pressure,” and, my personal favorite, “You deserved it.” The truth is, no one deserves to be in an abusive relationship. Whether verbal or physical, it hurts the same.
It’s difficult to realize someone you trust could purposefully hurt you. The smallest comment or painful pinch is unacceptable. But, instead of facing the fact, it’s easier to make excuses, but not healthier. Just talk and listen. If a friends in trouble then listen and if you’re in an abusive relationship then talk to someone. It’s easier than you think to get out. It’s time to reach out. If you can’t talk to friends or family, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE.I f someone actually loves you then they would never hurt you.
In the end, if someone is putting you through hell then it’s time to fight back.