A Home | Teen Ink

A Home

By rainbowwriter SILVER, Teaneck, New Jersey
rainbowwriter SILVER, Teaneck, New Jersey

Many people agree with the fact that a home is the typical place described in children books, always with a happy ending. People think it is where you come back from school and open the screen door to the smell of fresh cookies right out of the oven. Many believe It is where you sit at your kitchen table doing homework for an hour until just right with your "Mommy" by your side. It is perceived as a place to have an amazing dinner just in time for your "Daddy" to get back from work. It is made out to be this place where you act like a perfect family just so others in the neighborhood doing the same thing can feel like they have a competition. It is believed to be a place where you come back from a long day and see the yard spotless and newly cut. People like this consider themselves very lucky because they have this "marvelous" life with an incredible house. They don't realize that there is much more to a home than having fresh cookies or an outstanding yard.

While some convince themselves to be at "home", others actually are given the chance to live the dream. Many imagine themselves at home when they're really just where they've been they're whole life and never got to experience anything else. Those people have gotten themselves stuck deep in a bubble of lies and pretending therefore, they don't know what a home really is. A home to those lucky ones with it is a place undescribeable. It's impossible to explain the feeling of home and belonging but when it comes to the fortunate, they know. It is not only a bunch of walls and windows and doors built together. It is where you look around and say that you wouldn't want to be anywhere else for the rest of your life. Although it is difficult to find a home, it is worth it in the end.

I searched for my home and I am definitely one of those lucky ones.