"This is not a democracy...." | Teen Ink

"This is not a democracy...."

By sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine
sydneeharris16 DIAMOND, Auburn, Maine

we the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I don't know about you, but when, at school, we think something should change, they always say the same thing: "This is not a democracy, this is a dictatorship!" I personally, don't think they should be saying this. Our country was built on the fact that we were strong enough to say "We don't want to be a dictatorship anymore." So, to all those teachers who say that, they are utterly and completely wrong. If they think they can control us, they've got another thing coming. Because they, cannot control us. We are too much the kind of people who know right from wrong, who know, they shouldn't be doing this. They should know, out of everyone. They were like us once. Exactly like us. If only they could remember.

I just think that it is wrong to say this, we should learn that we have a choice in the world. We are NOT brain-dead. THEY need to learn that.