The Real Los Angeles | Teen Ink

The Real Los Angeles

November 14, 2010
By sparkledreamer SILVER, Los Angeles, California
sparkledreamer SILVER, Los Angeles, California
7 articles 5 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive... wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold." - The Doctor


Have you ever been to LA. Well, it might not be what you expect. Lets take a journey to LA. You arrive in an airport, most likely LAX. From there you will take a taxi to the hotel at which you are staying. Depending on how much money you and your family makes it will either be a ritz-carlton or a ratty old holiday inn. If you plan on seeing someone famous, well good luck! I've lived in LA all my life and the only time I've seen a famous person is at a paid concert. LA is truly a big, big city full of thousands of people. Your chance of seeing a celebrity is 1 in a 100,000. If you are in LA to sight see you will probably drive through the streets of Hollywood and or beverly hills. And trust me, some of the best places are in the little areas between the big city. To me, LA is a place in which I can go out with friends and walk to a pizza shop. To continue our journey, you will drive down to Disneyland and California Adventure no matter what age you are. Your trip might be long or it might be short. No matter where you go or what you see, you will never know the real LA until you meet me.


The author's comments:
LA is subject to many stereotypes and I want to set some of them straight.