Plain White Paper | Teen Ink

Plain White Paper

By Zoe-22-Turner DIAMOND, Beverly, Massachusetts
Zoe-22-Turner DIAMOND, Beverly, Massachusetts

Life is a plain white paper. You have the pencil. It is up to you what you do with it. Take the pencil and draw X on the paper. This represents all the pain, hurt, anger, resentment, and hate. See how it takes up the paper? Do you really want all the world's evils to take over your life as it does the paper? Now erase the line. Look, you see, it is still there. Faded, but still a dull grey mark standing out against the white background of the paper. This is what happens when you let all of the evils into your life. You can try to get rid of them, but you will still be left with that faint pencil mark. That memory of when you lost sight of the one thing that you didn't write on the paper: hope. No matter how ferociously you try to rub it out with the eraser, the lines won't go away, only soften. The paper is no longer perfect, but at the very least it is still useable. Now tear up the paper. Enlighten me, how on earth are these torn up shreds of paper of any use to you? They are useless, no one is going to make anything out of a bunch of scraps of paper. Remember, this paper symbolizes your life. A torn up life is as useless as a torn up paper. This is what happens when you let those evil emotions tear up your life. Why would you tear the paper? Why take a perfectly useable piece of paper and render it useless? Where do you suppose that is going to get you? The answer is nowhere, so don't do it. Simple as that. Please, just take my advice. Do not destroy the paper, erase the lines.

i was helping out a friend with a relationship issue and i came up with a really good analogy which i decided to expand upon in a little paragraph or so

haha funny, and thank you

Eliquencity PLATINUM, Winfield, Illinois
On my paper, I'm going to erase the "X" and draw unicorns and engulf it in glitter. Lol; jk! Very nice analogy, and good writing!