Understand | Teen Ink

Understand

October 11, 2012
By jacked_up_sharpie GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
jacked_up_sharpie GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
13 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Talk when you are angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."


Understanding, as I have noticed, doesn’t come easily to people. They are unable to detach themselves from how they feel at the moment to even consider the rest. The questions they ask are with such a tone that it makes one sink into their chair full of embarrassment; the puzzled stares cause hearts to sink into the pit of the stomach like an anchor. People could understand so much if they would just try, but no. The process their mind has to go through to understand such a ‘difficult’ situation is too much to handle, so what do they do? Say it doesn’t make sense, or that it simply isn’t worth the time to comprehend, so it must not be a real feeling. Everyone can understand heartbreak – even if most of them are ignorant adolescents that the worst that has ever happened to them is a boy didn’t text back. Like if that feeling that one gets when they fall in and out of love is so complex. Congratulations on understand the simplicity of the emotion that has developed this world for centuries. There is deeper, more complex emotions that people easily overlook because of how rooted it is; having to dig through all the messy substance that has been shoved away for those nights when one can’t sleep is a process that no one dares to try without a full suit armor. Unhappiness isn't solved by a pill, or a new man, but by finding understanding in one self and the world around them. Although, understanding doesn't necessarily come with happiness either.