The Importance of Failure | Teen Ink

The Importance of Failure

By michaeln123 BRONZE, Cedar Park, Texas
michaeln123 BRONZE, Cedar Park, Texas

The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it’s very brightly coloured and it’s very loud and it’s fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, “Hey – don’t worry, don’t be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride…” But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus – murdered; Martin Luther King – murdered; Malcolm X – murdered; Gandhi – murdered; John Lennon – murdered; Reagan… wounded. But it doesn’t matter because: It’s just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here’s what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Failure sparks the beginning of something new, it opens yourself to new opportunities. Failure isn't always bad , sometimes it helps people realize the right thing to do.
People Learn the right way by doing the wrong. We have all had out hopes crushed because of a failure, but without knowing it , we turned things around for the better. Failing at something isn't the end of the world, it's more like a warning to re-think about your decisions. It is important we all fail sometimes in order to strengthen and individualize ourselves.

Failing at something often brings new experiences and opportunity that can enhance you at whatever you failed at. Failing helps you realize reality which can lead to greater future success. Having another opportunity at something can be crucial in life when trying to reach your goals or to accomplish something important to you
We've all learned new skills in life and, we learned them only after first failing to do them properly. We know this is true, but we're all human and it's human to hate failure. I think it's especially difficult for us as teenagers. Somehow, because we're getting older, we feel we should learn more quickly and succeed more quickly than we did when we were younger. It should be seen for what it is, a step on the road to success.

The Opportunity brought on from failure are usually more rewarding than actually succeeding in the first place. Failure isn't always something to fear or to avoid. In lots of cases failure provides a greater chance to learn the right way.

I had written this article after I had been let down after failing to get a specific spot on the football team, yet because of that I knew what I had to do to improve and afterwards I was rewarded with a greater position.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

I thought that the first paragraph was the best! This would be something for people who are feeling be-littled just like you must have when at first you didn't get the spot on the team you wanted. It's a great inspiration for people. I love that you were able to write this from first-hand expierence that way the people who read this will see that you were able to overcome a difficult task and get an even better spot than you would have say you didn't fail. Sometimes you have to fail to get to an even better place. This was great! Very true and inspirational.