What is in life that I do not know? | Teen Ink

What is in life that I do not know?

January 6, 2015
By Kylevince BRONZE, Dumaguete City, Other
Kylevince BRONZE, Dumaguete City, Other
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Architecture is a mystery...


Everyone wants more of something. Unfortunately, most of the time, we are not sure of the precise entity we are looking for. It’s like there is just a constant itch in our life – waiting to be scratch at the perfect time. We do our best in fulfilling the void that’s living in each of us but we end up defeated. We do not really know but every time we achieve one of our goals, it feels like it’s not enough. Every time we fall, we stand and continue our journey but here’s the catch, we find ourselves towards the various paths of winding roads. Then, we are left with confusing decisions and difficult choices – choices which help or break us. Now, we start looking at the course we made and surprisingly, we find out that we haven’t had so much progress after all these times. And from there, we start controlling our emotions and continue what we have started despite such fact. Sadly, the minute pain is always there – growing as days pass by yet, still, we want something more.

Our burning desires are what make us. Every single day in our existence, we wake up in the midst of achieving our goals and purposes of living. Some do their best in building reputation which helps them deal with different people of diverse personalities while some prefer to dwell on a simple lifestyle. Simultaneously, others crave on becoming victors of their respective fields of interest while the rest have given up their own journey. On the other side, one person may be enjoying a luxurious life while another one is bearing the scorching heat of the sun just to, ‘at least’, eat three times a day. For some people, they may see a parent’s love as an insignificant entity but for some, they long for such – a love which they deserve but never came. At one place, one may live a life of happiness but at a distant; another one is left deploring for a cruel one. These are just few of the countless scenes one may find himself in. But guess what? In a glimpse of an eye, each of these examples can be reverse just like a magic trick that makes its way out of nowhere – that’s life, tricky but rational. Life is not what we thought it would be. Most of the time, everyone lives in distinctive perspectives. But despite this, life has taught us lessons which guide us in times when hope is nowhere to be seen. Life has always been mysterious however; it bestows one of the greatest gifts – to be on a quest of reuniting ourselves with our true identity and it’s ours to take.


There is a difference between ‘wanting’ and ‘needing; we must not be deceived. We do not just want a certain thing; we need something beyond our realm to scratch the itch – that’s our dilemma. Everything we have now has been set up in such a way that nothing in this realm can fully satisfy us. Even good things like a successful career, a healthy home life, getting married to someone we love can’t fill up the emptiness we have. Why? That’s because they are of this realm. What we have to understand is the idea that the life we have here is truly different from the life we may be having on a different realm – away from fear, pain, and sorrow. There will always be things better left unsaid because these mysteries will just reveal itself at the right time. It may not be now but ‘at least’ we have the truth. And it will always remain in our heart – the home of our soul and the key to see clearly beyond every earthly illusion. After all, there is more to life than what people expect.
 


The author's comments:

I wrote this when I was alone and free.