Dropout | Teen Ink

Dropout

By kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado
kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown

Do you have any idea how fast the drop out rates are decreasing each day? They are for silly excuses too! Sometimes its, "OOoh my school work was too hard" or just simply " I hate school". The laws probaly aren't going to change anytime soon, right? The Law is all children must go to school until the age of 17. After "secondary school" or high school is completed, the person has a choice of continuing on their education and going to a community or university college. People must confuse the USA as pakistan or bangladesh because there is no way we can stop school from the ages 10-15.In 2009 the drop-out rate was 48.7% that is almost half of the people in our school sytem. Can you believe that?

" In 2007 the dropout rate was 68.8%, thats 20.7% more than the rate in 2009. These are drastic changes, is there anything we can do to help our country lower the dropout rates?"

Some would say, maybe if school was easier and more fun the rates will decrease. While others would say, if there was no school then there is no drop out rates to worry about one less thing to worry about right? I would say, No education will give our government a FEW more things to worry about. That's beacause if we have no education, what are we going to look like to other countries. Although America doesn't care, what is World war three started? If we have no education we would have no idea what to do. What are your thoughts on this? Please share about drop outs and or education and government.

MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

You say the drop out rate is decreasing? Don't you mean increasing? I'm also wondering where you got your statistics from. I fail to understand how a nation could funtion if close to 70% of its peopled dropped out of school before receiving their diploma.

You need to work on your grammar and structure.

Keep writing. Never, ever stop writing. Embrace the power given to you through education.

FishboytheWriter PLATINUM, Nogales, Arizona

"Chaos, disaster, and disorder-My work here is done." --Mr. Fontes

i think the idea is to keep kids at school. not eliminating the entire school system, and if it's decreasing, what are we worrying about?

isn't that good?