Dropout | Teen Ink

Dropout

November 14, 2011
By kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado
kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown


Do you have any idea how fast the drop out rates are decreasing each day? They are for silly excuses too! Sometimes its, "OOoh my school work was too hard" or just simply " I hate school". The laws probaly aren't going to change anytime soon, right? The Law is all children must go to school until the age of 17. After "secondary school" or high school is completed, the person has a choice of continuing on their education and going to a community or university college. People must confuse the USA as pakistan or bangladesh because there is no way we can stop school from the ages 10-15.In 2009 the drop-out rate was 48.7% that is almost half of the people in our school sytem. Can you believe that?

" In 2007 the dropout rate was 68.8%, thats 20.7% more than the rate in 2009. These are drastic changes, is there anything we can do to help our country lower the dropout rates?"

Some would say, maybe if school was easier and more fun the rates will decrease. While others would say, if there was no school then there is no drop out rates to worry about one less thing to worry about right? I would say, No education will give our government a FEW more things to worry about. That's beacause if we have no education, what are we going to look like to other countries. Although America doesn't care, what is World war three started? If we have no education we would have no idea what to do. What are your thoughts on this? Please share about drop outs and or education and government.