Corruption in Politics | Teen Ink

Corruption in Politics

March 4, 2013
By MariahPotter PLATINUM, Lansing, Michigan
MariahPotter PLATINUM, Lansing, Michigan
39 articles 8 photos 74 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.” -scarlett letter


This is a controversial topic. But there is one thing I think we all can agree on, politics are messy. In my opinion, "messy", us merely not enough to display the corruption and immorality that radiates from our government leaders and officials. First, I would like to point out our country and how it's changed since our founding father's have died. We have lost our Christian ways as a whole, and even our President doesn't live by the Godly and rightful ways. Neither does most of our officials. The pilgrims who arrived in the 1600s were peoples of faith and lovers of God, many of the first colonists fled from Great Britain in hopes to praise and practice Christianity freely. Our entire country has fallen apart from God, and not even half the American population believes there is one. That is tragic. Second, we see much moral decay. The trash we let our youth fill their minds with, MTV, Music, all of which going against what a morally correct person would stand for. There is many problems in our youth that come with such decay. The young teen girls these day are insecure, being the size 0 models in this world are told to be beautiful, and being happy the way you are is ugly. For young boys, boy's are having their boyhood ripped right out from under them. If you look on TheBlaze.com, there was an article posted about a 7 year old boy who was SUSPENDED.... for eating a croissant roll and accidentally eating it in the shape of a gun. Boy's are losing their boyhood due to feminism. The women in today's world is shaking the manliness and joy's and roughness of our young boys, and softening them. Third, homosexuality has become almost a norm in today's world. It has been labeled as "okay" in society, and sometimes even promoted. I think it's wrong. I think that it's yet another brainwash technique to our kids. Being homosexual is not right in the Christian Bible, which is what our country is made from. Fourth, our Constitution has been altered and twisted. Even the thought of abolishing an amendment our Founding Father's have written for us... shows the corruption in our minds, and the minds of the government. If you ban guns, will criminals give up? Will they drop their guns? OF COURSE NOT. All that will leave for us is a bunch of helpless unarmed citizens, and a lot of armed criminals. No one is using there head anymore. No one dares think outside the box... perhaps it's safer... You Decide.


The author's comments:
Do you think there is corruption in politics? This is your country. It's YOUR choice.