My America | Teen Ink

My America

I walked through the doors of my high-school and found the hallways lined with mock election posters. Posters that read "Don't hire a terrorist, vote for McCain" "Don't vote for another Bush, vote Obamma." For months my living room has also been bombarded by the same messages from National News channels. Two government classes were racing against each other in our own election. Students from both sides were running around vandalizing posters and attacking each other verbally in the school hallways. My school was teaching the next generation of future leaders of our country to play the roll of dirty politics. There was no information provided from either side about what they would do for our country. It was a game of who said what and when. I love and support my country and troops. Though, sometimes I am embarrassed to be part of this country. Do we have to sink that low to destroy each others self to get a vote? If I looked at our politics from the view of another country I would think "Do they have no pride?" Therefore, I didn't participate or believe that I should research either party. I didn't know what to be truth or lies. So as I walked down my high-school hallways I saw what is to be the future of my America.

Sparaxis GOLD said...
on Sep. 27 2016 at 9:13 am
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

I know! America seems to be the only country that throws dirt in politics. That is why I hate political matters to begin with. One day, all this dirty politics garbage might actually get us in trouble!

mplo said...
Sorry to hear that even in high school, the role of dirty politics is starting to take place. This kind of lack of civility among people during political debates and debates on or about Current Events started back in the late 1960's, when President Nixon took power, and is continuing, even under Barack Obama.