Red Light | Teen Ink

Red Light

By Braxton1627 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
Braxton1627 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

There is a problem with the red light down the street from school. It has a tendency to back up traffic sometimes all the way back to the St. Louis subdivision. There are plenty of people that come from the plants between 5 and 6 o'clock.

The problem with the light is that there needs to be, at least, a car sensor so traffic doesn't back up past all of the stores. Another problem with the light is that when it is backed up, the road crossing it has zero cars going through, and when one does, it is surprising. No one should have to wait that long to get past a red light when there are no cars passing whenever there is a red light.

A way that the light alone can be good is during the day whenever everyone is at work and not all on the roads. The light has a good timing change when there are barely any cars on the roads because people can get through without much waiting or sitting in traffic.

For this to be fixed, a good way is to get a sensor that will see cars when they pull up to the red light and will change when it needs to be done. Another way is to either have a cop direct traffic or increase the times in between changes for the side that has all of the traffic.