Please Don't Vote for Donald Trump | Teen Ink

Please Don't Vote for Donald Trump

October 20, 2016
By SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
47 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde


In a few weeks, the election for presidecy will be upon us. There's a lot of talk about whether or not to vote, who to vote for, etc. I can't control what people do, but I do have one request: please don't pick Donald Trump.

I'm not a strategist, or a campaign manager, or even involved with the fundamentals of politics. I'm a 15 year old who's speaking about what she feels is true. So what I'm about to say isn't slander, but a conclusion I've reached.

It's no secret that our economy is terrible, and has been for awhile. How it got that way is irrelevant, what matters is that people want and need it to change. Since Donald Trump is a business man(a successful one depending on how you look at it)I can see why people would be motivated to put him in office. But forget about the business aspects for a minute. What about diplomacy and foreign policies? Donald Trump has yet to exhibit any type of maturity concerning these matters. I'm worried that his temperament could cause a international incident, with allies and enemies. Maintaining relationships with other nations is a big part of being president. And I don't think Donald Trump has the qualifications to do it.

Then there's Trump's ideology. Anybody that is a different race, religion, or nationality doesn't make his priorities. Not to mention his attitude towards women. He's a misogynist, plain and simple. And as a African-American girl, let's just say my concern isn't completely unfounded. Donald Trump does not care about African-Americans, Mexicans-Americans, or Muslim-Americans. His presidency would only benefit Caucasian men, and that doesn't help me. I'm afraid that if Donald Trump gets into office, he would bring back old prejudices and all the progress we've made would be gone in an instant.

This November when people are out there voting, I'm hoping people are thinking about all the logistics that come with each candidate. We should be voting for the candidate that has our best interests. If people truly want to make America great again, then don't let Donald Trump be our next president.