It's still active | Teen Ink

It's still active

November 9, 2009
By fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma
fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma
11 articles 13 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~Pablo Picasso


Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4
A man's ways are his own, but the LORD weighs the heart.


No matter how much people act like it's not, discrimination is still alive. There is, unfortunately, the KKK. And, while other discrimination may not be as pronounced, it's still there. There's discrimination against skin color, gender, and even personality. I know, for example, that if some boys are better than sports at some girls, the boys will get to play. Sometimes it's about how well the person plays, but sometimes it's about them being boys. Or girls. It makes me mad that, just because someone's white, black, or any other color, boy, or girl, that doesn't give ANYONE the right to be rude to people. Everyone's equal, and it's upsetting that not everyone feels that way. I just wish that people could learn to respect each other more. We all need to work on it.


The author's comments:
I was just trying to decide what to write about, and this stood out to me. I've always felt strongly about this, so I'm glad I can finally get my opinion out.