Think | Teen Ink

Think

January 4, 2010
By nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey
nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey
42 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If love is shelter, I'll walk in the rain." -Anonymous


There are many things we can say. There are many things we can do. But there is one thing that we cannot do…and that is to think.

Sometimes, perhaps on a cold winter night, you hear someone say that people must think before they act. But look at the chilling memories that keep you awake through the dark hour. Do you ever think before doing something? Acting and turning that one little game into a nightmare?

I wonder.

Truly, nothing on earth is ever thought of. I believe that. Perhaps you may have to recall lyrics to a song or remember the day of an appointment with the dentist. Somehow, in all that, you are not thinking, but, instead, you already know the answer. In all that said and done, we don’t ever think. We just know.

But now, look back at school. We are taught things, maybe focusing on one point of view. Take an average American school where you learn about the economy. Do you learn that we are simply making several bad decisions or do you learn that there are people who are corrupt enough to steal money?

That one point of view is your mind. You never think about what you do. Everything you say, everything you do is made up of your learning, experience, and surroundings. We are nothing without a part of them.

My point being is—there are people somewhere that never think. Hence, makes them driven to do things that you would, in a sense, never do. What about the poor part of American society? When you buy clothes at a store and say that $35 for a pair of pants is cheap, another person could spend a whole week trying to earn that money. That in itself is something to realize about your life.

After saying is the lesson of acting. Admit this—someone out there in you life is someone who puts a bad influence on you. Everyone has someone like this, maybe now or later. And that person makes fun of another simply because they are different. You never say, “Oh, I’m sure he’s nice,” but instead cower beneath that person, hoping that you’ll never be part of that “strange group”.

Then comes that feeling that, whenever someone is like that, different, you’ll never meet with them, you’ll never give them that chance they hoped and dreamed of. You hear it all the time on the news—people will kill others simply because they are different. Well, it’s time to speak out and reverse the process you spent years dealing with.

Yes, I do wonder why we never stop to think. There are many people out there who will never take a moment to sit down and realize what is happening here and now. In fact, ask yourself now: have you? Because I believe nothing is ever thought until after we have said and done. We are closed minds against the world.


The author's comments:
I was reading the news when I got the feeling to write this. So if the story sounds like I'm talking about gory stuff, I am.