The Right To Love Anyone | Teen Ink

The Right To Love Anyone

May 1, 2010
By MikaelaStinson BRONZE, Hartville, Ohio
MikaelaStinson BRONZE, Hartville, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Keep your head held high, others would kill to see you fall"


Why are so many people against love? Does it really matter if it happens between the same-sex? And where is it written in the bible that gay is wrong? Everyone says America has come so far and dealt with every prejudice by acceptance. But yet the gay community isn't accepted. People are spending millions just to make sure that the gay community stays unmarried and it's unacceptable. Why should these American's be denied rights that "straight" people have? It's discrimination and hate. Church and state need to be separated. I feel that the church is to blame for all this madness and hatred. These so called "people of God" are letting their religion take over their better conscience. The state is being infiltrated by church. I read a post recently that said "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". It saddens me that people bring religion into every aspect of their life. God created this world and you, so why would he take your life away if you own your mind? Everyone needs to realize that gay marriage is a civil rights issue...not a religious issue. Put your religion aside for a few moments and listen to the greater cause. Gays are no different than you and your neighbors and they deserve equal treatment. You don't have to morally agree with their choices, but you should agree with their rights....the right to be loved and to married for love.


The author's comments:
All this hatred just makes me sick.