The Right To Love Anyone | Teen Ink

The Right To Love Anyone

By MikaelaStinson BRONZE, Hartville, Ohio
MikaelaStinson BRONZE, Hartville, Ohio

"Keep your head held high, others would kill to see you fall"

Why are so many people against love? Does it really matter if it happens between the same-sex? And where is it written in the bible that gay is wrong? Everyone says America has come so far and dealt with every prejudice by acceptance. But yet the gay community isn't accepted. People are spending millions just to make sure that the gay community stays unmarried and it's unacceptable. Why should these American's be denied rights that "straight" people have? It's discrimination and hate. Church and state need to be separated. I feel that the church is to blame for all this madness and hatred. These so called "people of God" are letting their religion take over their better conscience. The state is being infiltrated by church. I read a post recently that said "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". It saddens me that people bring religion into every aspect of their life. God created this world and you, so why would he take your life away if you own your mind? Everyone needs to realize that gay marriage is a civil rights issue...not a religious issue. Put your religion aside for a few moments and listen to the greater cause. Gays are no different than you and your neighbors and they deserve equal treatment. You don't have to morally agree with their choices, but you should agree with their rights....the right to be loved and to married for love.

All this hatred just makes me sick.

. said...
Really, it's so true. I'm glad some people still have some kind of morals, sheesh! I live in the south, so anti-gay comments are not uncommon, and it kills me. Love this article!

yes! i'm so glad all the commets so far are positive! Yeah! I'm sick of the homophobes ruining everyone's fun! Let the gays marry! If they can why can't we? Fantastic article! GREAT GREAT GREAT!

MayDay SILVER said...
MayDay SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana

I don't jugde if you don't jugde.

Fantastic article!

I completely agree. My parents and I fight on this particular subject all the time. I think people need to realize that its not a crime. Also, people need to see that you cant help who you fall in love with. Some people fall in love with abusive people and people, some fall in love with drunks. Isnt that worse? NO ONE can see that its not whats on the outside. Its whats in the inside...

MikaelaStinson BRONZE, Hartville, Ohio

ohhh lol i had no idea...thanks fr informing me :)

RipponLeaEnergise BRONZE, Clayton, Other

"how wonderful it is that nobody has to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world"

Anne Frank

ur soo right. everybody needs to except eachother for who they are!!!

dirinity SILVER, Clayton, North Carolina

"Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.
"

agree:D and the whole Adam and Steve thing was from a gay-themed movie anyways- so itslike using a gay joke that gay people made to justify an anti-gay thought.

EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas

When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

(applauds wildly) Finally someone agrees with my opinion.

I'm not gay, but I'd go insane if someone told me I couldn't love the girl I've set my sights on.

BrokenHeartedGirl20 GOLD, Fresno, California

Forever Ronnie Radke<3

Yes yes yes yes!!! I cannot stnad how people forbid two people to get married based on their sex. Socitey needs to accept this and stop ignoring it. Everyone needs to protest. Why bring religion into this? This has nothing to do with religion!