Racism, now? | Teen Ink

Racism, now?

It amazes me how advanced the world is now, but you still hear everyday about racism. Racism; it is nothing more than hatred towards someone with different colored-skin as yourself. Is that really fair? I mean, haven't we all heard the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover?"

Racism is mainly based upon the past, when slavery was around. But why base your opinions now on what has happened in the past that not many of the racist people now have even experienced. It is pointless to me.

Racism is one of the reasons that I am not even allowed to spend time with one of my best friends out side of school, even though we live right around the block from each other. Her father doesn't allow her to be my friend, which I can't stand, because she is my best friend, as I mentioned before.

jdaniels1779 BRONZE, New York, New York

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou

yes, it sad how far it has come and it saddens me that it still lingers in the air. unfortunately I experience it every day.

Crazymexican GOLD, Jay, Maine

not sure

I like this article alot and I can totally relate to you because this happens to me daily because im mexican american old friends now all they use are racial terms

bluespark13 said...
that isn't fair im half african american and half puertorican (african american dad puertorican mom) now i have tons of white friends XD but once my dad and i walked into this fast food joint and all these white ppl looked at us as if saying what the?.......anyway GREAT ARTICLE!!!!!!!

Viva_Mexico_21, Caddo Mills, Texas
ur the closedmided one

juniorminty said...
What about buddha?? or alla, or gstru the hindu elephant god??? people are to blame for racism and we judge them for that because that isnt right!!! i personally disagree with your claim because i am atheist and i tjink racism is a thing of the past and that racists are narrow-minded individualsand i do judge them cuz they are being stupid!!

Ezekiel SILVER said...
Ezekiel SILVER, Ohio, Ohio
Amen to that!

ToyRe GOLD said...
ToyRe GOLD, Monterey, California

"This too shall pass." and " When God leads to a cliff, jump, because He'll either catch you or teach you how to fly."

That is sad. People shouldn't judge a book by the cover, but don't worry because God will judge him.

LihuaEmily SILVER, North Kingstown, Rhode Island

"It is said that there's no such thing as a free lunch. But the universe is the ultimate free lunch." -Alan Guth

This is not fair. You are absolutely right. Thanks for sharing.