Instead Of Hating Them | Teen Ink

Instead Of Hating Them

By System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma

"When we're born we cry, because we feel the pain of living for the first time."- Alice C.

"Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."- Andy Biersack

"No matter how hard you try, you can never tame a wild spirit!"- CC

"I am not a monster, I am but a man."- Ronnie Radke

"Suicide is not cowardly! I'll tell you what's cowardly... treating someone so badly that they want to take their own life!"- Ashley Purdy

"I'm an artist and I make art-arty-art-art!"- Andy Biersack

"I'm TOP 'Stressed Out' what does that mean? I'm a rap fiend with a bad lead..."- NF

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!!!"- Johnny Depp

Instead of hating the people that do drugs and struggle with addiction, let's join hands and knock this problem out of the water together!

My favorite artist, Ronald Joseph Radke or Ronnie Radke, once struggled with addiction. His drug of choice was Heroin. In 2005 he overdosed and was taken to a hospital, where he was revived.  When describing what being an addict was like, Ronnie said, "When you're an addict, you don't see your personal belongings as sentimental or important items, you see them as dollar signs.¨ Ronnie went on to save my life in 2012 when I started to lose control of my anger.  Tom MacDonald was an alcoholic, and now he's a rap artist living his dream. 

My biological father was an addict and he is now in prison serving 15 years. My uncles were drug addicts and while one is still doing the same stupid things, one of them is fighting to live! I am an addict... I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol, I'm addicted to pain. I've been fighting my fight for years and while I know I don't have it as bad, it still hurts. So let's help addicts! :)

If you're curious, I've been struggling with depression for 5+ years. 

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Great! Great!