Please Say No To Drugs! | Teen Ink

Please Say No To Drugs!

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

*--JEDI--* said...
Omg I sooooo agree with you!!! Sometimes i feel completely alone on this topic.  Tons of kids at my school do drugs and it makes me mad and sad when I see it~~

fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
Okay, spell check your work and add in some actual facts. Kids won't listen to a thing you say if you don't tell them statistics, and even then it won't make much of a difference. The only good thing about this article was that you didn't mention communism or Obama.

ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Give Peace A Chance.

Have your ever smoked marijuana?  If not, don't trust all statistics.

arimas SILVER said...
arimas SILVER, Columbia, South Carolina
I'm slowly watching my first love descend into the hell of drugs. I have no idea what he's on, and I never hope to find out. But this sweet nice kid is now a juvenile delinquent. He used to tell me how much he loved me. Now the only time I hear from him is his long drug-induced ravings on facebook about how much his life sucks. Please, please, I cant save him any more, but if this post saves anyone from NEVER touching drugs and saves some girl from having her heart broken by drugs, I'll have done my part. Please.

Shannon_Bananon, Loveland, Ohio

About talking; why don't people ever think before they talk? It would save so much trouble; it would also save me from wanting to slap about half of the world's population.
~Fictional Character (Brilliant, but, sadly, fake.)

That makes sense. However, when it comes to drugs, statistics make the decision for them. Or they should.

ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Give Peace A Chance.

I'm just saying teens need to form there own opinion.

ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Give Peace A Chance.

Shannon_Bananon, Loveland, Ohio

Because it'd be so much smarter to believe what the shady drug dealer on your corner says.

Shannon_Bananon, Loveland, Ohio

If you mean Marijuana, I suggest this site.=> http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

Weed is illegal for a reason, not because adults are stupid and never want you to have fun.

Shannon_Bananon, Loveland, Ohio

Finally! Something I agree with you on!

Yes, drugs are bad. You can get the same sense of evelation (known as high) by doing something worthwhile, like community service. Parents are happy, communities happy, you're happy.

I totaly agree. Drugs are soooooo not cool.

scribblesinthecity BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

'Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.' -- George Santayana

^ *actually

ur comment really did make me LOL just now. the rhyming, the "boo!", oh man. that was priceless. haha

BUT i've gotta say; im pretty sure watching a friend overdose on drugs at some party and then having to call 911 because you were actually afraid for their life at that moment, wouldn't be so fun. i mean (luckily) i have never experienced something like that before. but i know people who have, multiple times. and they've told me: its really not so enjoyable. its actual a major party-pooper. so think about that sometime in between your fun sessions if u get the chance (and i sure hope you don't end up being the one your friend has to call 911 for). but still-i commend you for a witty comment. :)

Randomm1995 SILVER, Peoria, Arizona

True love burns the brightest. But the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.

Drugs can be deadly in so many ways. Sure, they can get you accepted by a few clicks in school, but is it really worth what - five minutes of being happy? Wouldn't you rather have a lifetime of happiness with friends who DONT endanger their lives for the thought of being 'popular'?

Sunshineyday said...
I am against drugs, but we cannot simply say "drugs are bad" and not tell kids why. saying "don't do it" but not explaining is condescending, and under-informative. we need to realistically tell teens how each drug affects them, instead of simply saying " if you do it you'll ruin your life".

ColbyMartin BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

Give Peace A Chance.

Kids these days...

Always believing everything there Mommys and teachers tell them.

Peace420 BRONZE, Williston, Florida
I think drugs are bad but not weed. Just think about it, Have you ever heard someone overdosing on weed? Or someone's life is ruin over weed? No... Sure some people are stupid and think that weed is not enough and they take things far and experiment with other drugs. Other then that weed should be legal, our country will rock for sure!

NaCheezIt SILVER, Missouri City, Texas
It's sad but true. I know a girl who is eleven years old who smokes pot with her older brother at least three times a week. It makes me really sad because when I was that age I never would have thought of doing drugs, and having a brother supply her with it is just terrible.

cassie 73 said...
a friend of mine actually came to me today and told me his plan to do cocaine for the first time... at first i said its your life and you can do what you want with it.. then i thought to myself, if anything ever went wrong, and something bad happened to him because he made that decision, i would never forgive myself. So i told him that if he decided to go down that rode and something went wrong... that i would miss him very much and to be careful. I made him change his mind...so i can relate to your article and where your coming form.. :)

christian22 BRONZE, Lavinia, Tennessee

only god can judge me

i wanna make a pole on the ammounts of teens on this site that has tried marijuana..if you have please comment on this or send me a message preferobly a message.. you will not get in trouble for posting that you have