Mainstream media vs The Entertainment industry | Teen Ink

Mainstream media vs The Entertainment industry

January 29, 2020
By TaylorSantiago16 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
TaylorSantiago16 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One issue with the media is they have a habit of blaming entertainment are clearly not the problem. A big example of this is the media blaming video games or movies for the cause of violence. There is no proof supporting this theory yet the media still does everything in their power to push this theory. There are many reasons why the media have this belief.


One argument the mainstream media brings up is how violence in video games and movies can cause world world violence. One recent example of this was during the release of the joker movie, the media did everything in their power claim it would make people want to start real world violence, their were even cops at the theaters. But when the movie people loved it and nothing violent came out of it. The aftermath of the controversy made the mainstream media look like a joke and for some people they were already one.


Another huge problem is the mainstream media may have an effect on parents and how  they treat their kids. There are many examples where parents choose to blame entertainment instead of their parenting. Many of their problems they have with their children like their overly large amount of hours they spend can easily fixed by taking away their electronics. While I do think the media has an effect on parenting, I don't blame them hundred percent since parents shouldn't need the media to teach how to deal with those problems


Another problem with media is that they seem to ignore a few things about the entertainment industry for example the rating system for video games and movies is usually not mentioned. A rating system determines which age group is most suitable for this product Another feature that is ignored are parental controls, this feature allows you to restrict playtime and what they are allowed to play.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


These types of articles are in my opinion a waste of time for both the readers and writers because this theory was already proven false. All this does is shift the blame from the actual causes of the problem while ignoring important features . Not all of the mainstream media is like this but a good majority is. I think we should stop blaming the entertainment industry for violence and start looking for things that actually do. One thing to point out is that this is entirely my opinion feel free to disagree.


                        This will certify that the above work is completely original.

                                                              T.S.