The Good and Bad of YouTube | Teen Ink

The Good and Bad of YouTube

October 6, 2010
By Anonymous

YouTube. A word known around the world. It could make you famous in some people's cases. But in most, it doesn't do ANYTHING for you. It is pretty much just a website where you post videos of you doing or saying stupid things. I don't understand, personally, what the big deal is about posting videos on YouTube. The only reason I use YouTube is to watch music videos. And that is only if I can't find the video on another website. There is a girl in my school that has been recently posting videos on YouTube. In her videos, she is smoking. Which is way illegal. Somebody reported her to the authorities and she got charges pressed against her. That is one of the bad things that can come out of using YouTube. But it's not really YouTube's fault. There is no reason she should have posted, or even thought about posting, those videos. There are a few good things about YouTube. Some people such as Jud Laipply who created the "Evolution of Dance" video and posted it on Youtube. Since then, he was asked to perform on America's Got Talent. That is the first person that I think of when I hear the words YouTube Sensation. He became famous by posting a video on YouTube. I can think of more bad than good things that can come out of posting videos on YouTube. But if you're talented enough, it could change your life forever.


The author's comments:
I hope that people will read this and learn not to post inappropriate videos on YouTube