Inspiration | Teen Ink

Inspiration

By Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts

"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta

I recently read an article about why David Archuleta’s fans support him. Some of the reasons were his amazing talent, his sincerity, and his love for his fans. While that’s all true, it’s also completely disregarding one of the main reasons his fans love him. He’s an inspiration.

To me, and to many of his fans, David has been an inspiration. This influential hero who somehow always says and does the right things, sometimes without even knowing it. Between his motivating quotes and his optimistic attitude, there’s nothing about David that’s not to admire.

David once said “It’s like when I try to do what’s right, the Lord blesses me directly and also indirectly by also blessing other people.” That is so true. David was blessed with amazing opportunities to live his dream, and the fans have been blessed with an inspirational, uplifting role model.

Sometimes as a fan it’s hard to put it all into words, what David has done for you and how much he means to you because of it. Only other fans will really understand it, because they’re feeling it too. But in short, David’s fans are fans not only because of his incredible music, but because of his pureness. His angelic nature and innocence. His positive outlook and deep, motivating words. When David does something, he does it with heart. And David has done a lot in his life, but the best thing he’s ever done is inspire.

This is something I think should be known, because a lot of people don't understand it. Though, to be honest, I don't even fully understand it.

awestruck said...
I too am a grandmother and am thankful to you for this article.  David does indeed inspire and it would be my wish that his role model becomes the 'new cool' among, not only, today's youth but for all ages!

djafan said...
I'm an adult with 8 grandkids and a huge fan of David.  Reading this article here on a teen site gives me hope that David's example and inspiration will influence our younger generations that it's ok to be innocent and young, to have compassion and respect for others,  to be of service to others, it's something that is so needed.

Awwww, such a beautiful and well said article <3