Advocacy Letter to Olive Garder | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter to Olive Garder

By daplaya10 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
daplaya10 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

November 4th, 2010

Olive Garden
18180 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045

Dear Management of Olive Garden,

I enjoy dinners from Olive Garden as much as I can and when I do, it’s always delicious. Every time there is a special occasion, I suggest celebrating at Olive Garden because not only is it a great place for the family, it has amazing food. Amazing! So good—I’ve been there twice in the past month! I love having a place to go to that emphasizes and follows their own saying “when you’re here, you’re family.”

My birthday: October, 22 2010. I decided to spend part of it at your restaurant and enjoying what was thought to be a fantastic meal. However, the moment my family walked in we felt unwelcome, getting nasty looks from the hostess and snotty remarks. This was a first for me; I thought we were like family? But it was my birthday, so I ignored it and moved on and thought maybe the rest will be better. Boy was I wrong…the waiter we got was impatient and grouchy, like we were the last table he was going to wait on and we were taking forever. For a second time I thought to myself…doesn’t anyone here care it’s my birthday? My mother took the longest to order and the waiter rolled his eyes, thinking no one would notice. I did. I did not like how he had no patience for a woman who meant no harm whatsoever. It was an uncomfortable feeling—a feeling like no one wants us around. Finally, our food came and, as always, it was delicious. I had Chicken Alfredo, my favorite of all items on the menu. I finished it in what felt like a couple seconds. The food made the night. But it was my birthday. There was no rush to get out of there, so we talked and had good family discussions. All was going well until the waiter handed the bill to us and expected us to pay right away. We were still talking and having a good time, but in the corner of my eye I could see the waiter watching our table. It was uncomfortable. I wanted to leave then and there.

I will come back to Olive Garden because of the delicious food. I usually notice the care from your restaurant, but maybe they were just having bad days. It was just a little bit of a disappointment for a birthday dinner. You can’t click the rewind button for my birthday, but it would be greatly appreciated if Olive Garden would supply a free meal to me or my family as compensation.

Please contact me at my email address. Thank you taking the time to read and go over what I had to say. I know it isn’t fun to read complaints, but I really thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this.

Sincerely,

David