What is the point of getting obsessed over vamps??/ | Teen Ink

What is the point of getting obsessed over vamps??/

March 19, 2012
By Anonymous

Vampires!!!! Termed as supernatural beings with pale skins and fangs which crave to cut into human skin for blood. For aeons, vampires were actually considered scary. But not after Stephanie Meyer’s twilight Saga.
I do not mind admitting I like Vampire’s diaries and the night world series by LJ smith, even though it contains a lot of Vampire. But at least the vampires aren’t sparkling in the sunlight and aren’t pathetically obsessed with self-pitying women who are almost like ‘born for immortality!’
Vampires Suck, a movie which was a parody of twilight, was not accepted by anyone, especially twilight fans who went all whiny. But to tell the truth, I actually liked it. It was hilarious, telling us just how ridiculous this obsession with vampires is. Today, all the teens are head over heels for a fictional character Edward Cullen, (or should I say Rob Pattinson????). But whatever the case, teens today are getting over obsessed about vamps. The lame vampires of Steph Meyer are the chief cause. I don’t understand how people can get starry eyed over such nonsense, how they can eat vampires, breath vampires. I don’t mind saying it irritates me.
I feel teens should concentrate more on sensible literature. There are many more fantasy books they can enjoy, ranging from Harry potter to Percy Jackson or Lord of the Rings and Narnia. They are much much better than reading about an over possessive guy who doesn’t let his gf out of sight even for a second and bears grudges against werewolves the girl might fall for. Oh, and did I mention, the girl’s ‘perfection’ is hidden by her clumsiness?
Teenagers would be much better off doing anything other than getting insanely obsessed with vampires and jumping up and down at the sight of Robert Pattinson. Face it people, he has a girlfriend. He can never be yours. So forget this Maniacal crap and pay more attention to good literature and of course, your own life and school and the social and environmental issues like the problems faced by women or deforestation and poaching . It’s not that I hate twilight, but so much attraction over such stuff is totally pointless. You can get obsessed over a singer, over an actor or over some great personality from whom you can learn the important lessons of your life, but getting obsessed over a fictional character, and that too a sparkly vamp? Seriously doltish………


The author's comments:
Obsession over vamps is pointless.....