Defining Success | Teen Ink

Defining Success

November 20, 2014
By Arthur Ave. BRONZE, Glendale, California
Arthur Ave. BRONZE, Glendale, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The definition of success for every individual is different. In most people’s minds being successful means having a lot of money, but for me that is not the case. Success, from my view, is achieving the things you want to achieve and being satisfied with the result. When I succeed at things, I feel triumphant and victorious. Not only do I win the battle, I get satisfaction out of it.


I always set goals for myself and whether they are short or long term goals, I still strive to achieve them. Even if they don’t turn out the way I want them to, success is still demonstrated because of the valuable insight and lesson learned through them. I can then apply this knowledge to my future goals. Success is derived from hard work and dedication. There are no limits to success and as a result it can’t be measured. Happiness, satisfaction and pride are just some of the few things that success gives you.


Working out is something that I love doing. When I first started out I couldn’t even do a single pushup, but now I can easily do fifty of them. This was something I wanted to accomplish and I eventually did. After achieving things like this I pat myself on the back and tell myself that I did well. Success is not about the destination, it’s about the journey that takes you there. You have to have the right balance and mindset to pursue the goals you want to achieve. Don’t rush through life to get to your destination. Savor each moment and learn things while you’re add it; this is the ultimate road to success.


I’m only fifteen years old but I have achieved levels of success. They might’ve been small, but no matter the size they are still accomplishments. I feel pleased with the outcome of them and that is all that matters. I want to have a job I like, buy a Lamborghini and buy a mansion. The only way I will get these things are if I set my mind to it, work really hard, stay dedicated to the journey and this will lead to my destination.


The author's comments:

Life experience