Stop and Think | Teen Ink

Stop and Think

December 20, 2008
By Anonymous

How come in the world we live in, little kids are encouraged to be deathly thin, and act like stuck up little children, cause that's how the celebrities act. Celebrities like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, all those celebrities who are in it for the money, who stay out partying all night, drinking themselves silly and in turn doing things they will probably regret when they're sober for about two seconds, and then read about themselves in the tabloids. They know nothing about what's happening in the world around them, and barely even know about what's happening in their own country.
Then there are the few celebrities, who aren't totally famous, or hey! Maybe they are really famous. They care about what's happening around them, don't just care about the stupid money involved in the entertainment industry. They care about the music. Okey, you can probably guess that I care more about the music industry then to acting industry or so on, but that's just me.
This quote by Ville Valo really kind of sums up what I'm trying to say.

"Music for me is an emotional thing and it really does make me happy. It's not a tool for me to get fame or see my face in the papers or anything like that. It's about the fact that I really do enjoy it. " - Ville Valo

I know I am getting pretty... testy about this subject but it's something I strongly believe in. When there are people out there, higher in the food chain then you are, that party and forget about life issues, try and find your own Ville Valo, someone you can look up to for their music, or acting, or writing, or whatever interests you. Remember that there are talented people in the world, people who care about what they are doing, not just the money.
And no matter how much fame and publicity the girls like Paris and Nicole are getting just for fighting, having kids and relationships, and partying, do you hear about anything good about them? You hear about the latest fight, you hear about "Paris Hilton's Wild Night Out!". But think about it, have you evur looked at the front page of a magazine and have it say something like, "(Insert Celebrity Name Here) Cares About The (enter entertainment of your choice here) Not The Money!"
If so, please contact me cause I wanna check out this magazine. Think about it, people like Ville are working on their music while people like Jessica Simpson (Or little sister Ashley, as I have previously stated I don't like) are out partying. Please just think about this.