Our Summer Getaway | Teen Ink

Our Summer Getaway

The crisp air filled my lungs as I ventured along the scenic trails. The vibrant summer colors of summer leaves contrasting against a persisting backdrop revealed a breathtaking sight for us to entertain ourselves with all afternoon. The trees were our mountains, just waiting to be climbed. The water was our play pool, waiting to be splashed in. This summer day and park was ours, to do whatever we wanted in this glorious presence of the beautiful nature.

As we hiked along the trails, we stumbled upon the gleaming park of Cave Point. The rugged cliffs, soothing sounds, and the varying colors of oranges and yellows oranges are painted across the cliffs, creating a wonderful sunset in the dead of day.

We ventured down to the quiet side of the water and found a peaceful place to stack the rugged rocks. The mix of the vibrant green algae and crystal blue water were left dumbfounded by the glittering aqua water down below us. With the perfect backdrop of the cliffs and soothing waves building the rock formations was an extravagant way to end our day.

We loved our trip to Door County and especially our time at Cave Point.