Go Green! | Teen Ink

Go Green!

By Anglin SILVER, Irvington, New Jersey
Anglin SILVER, Irvington, New Jersey

"thinking about the future, or living in the past is never the right answer. living today, the present, this one second is. Because all you can do is live that one second to fullest, and make it last"- Anglin. T

Is it possible to go green?
Is it possible to help our world?
Is it possible for us to help each other?
Is it possible for one person to make a difference?
Is it possible for one little change to make a difference?
The answer is yes. We can do anything if we put our mind to it. Nothing is impossible unless we discourage ourselves from acting. Why is there global warming now? Is it because we don’t care? Or is it because we think that we, ourselves, cannot make a difference alone? I believe that all of us want to make a change in the world today. But half of us, let me rephrase, most of us are scared. Frightened and worried about whether or not one little change can make a difference to this big blunder we have. But that’s not true! One person and one little act can make a huge difference. It’s like a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. The puzzle alone has many pieces, but every single piece gets us closer to the final piece. Without one little piece, the puzzle would be incomplete, and that’s exactly how going green is! If one person recycles, and one person takes that extra step to going to the recycling bin rather than the floor, then we would accomplish so much more!
I am currently a member of a debate club called JSA (JUNIOR STATE OF AMERICA). And in one of our debate sessions, we argued about going green. Many people had explained how we need a big change, a change in which everybody does the same thing. For example: everybody using solar powered cars and etc. But in the economic state we are in now, it’s impossible for everyone to get solar powered cars and etc. A lot of people are out there today without jobs. Do you think that they have the money to spend it on solar powered stuff? No! They can do the littlest thing and still help. It doesn’t have to be huge. Besides, everyone cannot afford big changes. Going green is a big plan. It’s a goal and we all need to achieve it together. But need to achieve it one step at a time. We will achieve the goal we have, and when we do, it will prove that we as humans know how to work together! So let’s GO GREEN! :)

Going green is possible!