Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

March 3, 2010
By Anonymous

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!


The snow-covered land of Antarctica had turned into miles and miles of pure water. The cold harsh waters are swallowing up each polar bear and one by one, they are becoming extinct. Besides the polar bears, other species are declining in population because of Global Warming. Scientists have said that Global Warming is a natural cause. Global Warming could be the worst issue that the whole world is facing. Will this catastrophic event ever be cured? Its causing a change in patterns of climate, on which case all the living things in the planet that are relying on.

We are experiencing more natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc. Global Warming probably caused Haiti’s earthquake to happen. In addition, humans are experiencing warmer climates. Soon enough, when Global Warming has reached its hottest temperature, the warm temperatures will completely dry out the plains, which grow crops, and they will completely die! That is where we get our food, so we won’t have any food supply… possibly in the future.


For decades, scientists have been trying to find out the natural cause of global warming. (Especially to think that we have not even heard of recycling and throwing away our trash.) However, since it is causing so much chaos in the world that it seems to be falling apart right in front of our eyes. Its mostly because if human activity that results in increased concentrations of green house gases, such as burning large amounts of fossil fuel, and cutting down trees (deforestation). You could use alternative gases.


Scientists are trying to find way to not dramatically affect (change), the natural process of global warming. It still remains unknown
. Some people say its “inevitable”. If we all do our part to help the Earth from collapsing we will be able to redeem our once beautiful earth that will remain with us forever! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! We can all help by reducing trash or waste by using reusable items, not disposable. You can buy products with minimal packaging that will definitely help reduce waste! In addition, there is something called recycling bins, hope you have heard of that. Recycle your used bottles, cans, glass, or anything that is recycle-able. This is pretty amazing: if you recycle half of your house holds trash, you can SAVE 2,400 pounds of Carbon Dioxide annually. During the summer or winter, use less heat or air conditioning. Put insulators up in your attic and walls.


If we all follow these steps, we can possibly create a better place, and healthier place to live. This would benefit us, and the animals and other living things like trees, flowers, etc. Imagine what one person can do in order to help our environment…. On the other hand, imagine what all of us can do as one WHOLE person.

The author's comments:
I just cared about the enviornment so much, that I thought everyone should know about it.