why am i so lost | Teen Ink

why am i so lost

September 16, 2021
By Anonymous

i cry silently. i barely know why im crying. I really don’t feel ok but i think im supposed to be fine. I could have been doing homework or sleeping or something beneficial towards my life. But I felt empty and when you feel empty you don’t benefit yourself. I don’t sleep easily anymore, there are so many problems in my life now. Everyone says that you need to talk about your feelings to someone, but the problem is who? I know who I would choose. But I don’t see them as much as I would like to. This person doesn’t understand how important they are to me, and they don’t understand how much I want them. How much I feel like I need them….i have always wondered who I was but the answer is well there is no answer. So I guess the answer to that question is there is no answer. People always talk about finding yourself, your place, your purpose but that’s not reality, you are never going to be able to find you. you’re always going to be lost somewhere in your life, some stages of your life you’ll be lost. And you won’t find your way back for a while. Not if your lost deeply like I am. Lost, alone. Those words are so different but the same. Alone, just you, no one else. Lost; surrounded by people, physically. Mentally, you feel these people aren’t for you, they don’t understand you. maybe that’s a good thing, if they understood me, they would know exactly what to do and how to help me. I don’t want that. We all need to get through certain things feeling alone and lost. So, when we find our way back we are stronger and more appreciative of the joy the people around us bring. Without sadness happiness has no meaning.


The author's comments:

"why am i like this?" "no one understands" "i wish i wasnt me" i know im not the only one..

I wrote this piece of writing because this is honestly just how I feel and I know so many more people feel like this to. I feel like when people who read this and relate to it are actually going to be able to understand just a little bit more about life.