Animals And Human Relationship | Teen Ink

Animals And Human Relationship

By Qangela__yan BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other
Qangela__yan BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other

If you have a dog or cat, you will treat your dog like your best friend, even think of them as your family member, and this seems prevalent. When we look at the real relationship between animals and humans, do we have an equal relationship where we treat all animals?   
I am afraid of animals, no matter if they are cute puppies or dignified kittens. Every time I see a dog or any kind of animal, I run away, and it seems to become a part of me. This is because I have an allergy to animal fur. My grandparents will take me away when they see pets near me. I may not like animals around me, but I understand what it feels like when we are trapped in an area.    
I was excited when I went to the zoo when I was five or six years old. I was the stupid child who hadn’t seen any of the gigantic, gorgeous tigers or elephants. However, if I hadn’t seen these animals before, when I really see them, would I really stand there and not run away? No!!! I know they are dangerous, and I have probably seen their pictures on the internet. We’re living in an information era, and children are getting new information rapidly, each day they wake up, they will see all these different sources of knowledge. Children have an excellent studying environment, and it really depends on how we deal with it.   
Teachers always tell children that if they want to learn more about animals, they should come to the zoo and see it. However, this action is giving merchants opportunities to build more zoos, which will require more animals. More and more animals are endangered, but we think that we should see them more often, or we can’t see them anymore. The voice of protecting animals is getting louder and louder, but there is less action being taken.   
While we are having afternoon tea or traveling around the world, there are animals trapped in zoos. We may have a higher IQ, we may have the ability to develop new technologies, and we may record our history. However, isn’t everything we feel defined by ourselves? We have more options than trapping all these beautiful and virtuous animals in the zoo. Our life is built with paper walls, and so are animals. Just when we think we can stomp an ant to death, maybe ants think we're ridiculous.   
Recently, there has been a growing awareness of protecting animals. However, I think we should not only protect them, the more we should do is respect them. When we emphasize the unfair treatment that they received over the last decade, we are showing that they haven’t received the respect that they should have. We are not superior, human beings are just a part of the world. We form the perfect world with all the animals. With our kindness and sympathy, Earth will become better.   

Each time you see your pet, have you ever thought that they are animals or your friend?