What a Mother I Had | Teen Ink

What a Mother I Had

A mother is someone you can count on, but not many children have that privilege. I’ll take the blessing that I have to turn back to my mom every day and go, “Mom let me tell you the experience I had today. It wasn't too gloomy but it wasn’t too great.”. A mom takes responsibilities off your back so you won't have to worry about it all the time. In the cruel world we live in, your mother will take the pain you have and carry it for you. A mom walks around not being available to do anything for nine months because she's carrying you, and once you're in the world she still can’t do anything because she has to take care of you. 

You should respect your mother, but some kids don't understand that. They treat their moms like nothing after all those months of carrying them, and that's very shameful to think about. It's not something to be proud of giving your mom an hard time. Showing off in front of your friends is not great. You're just adding more stress on her then she already had. She stresses enough with the bills, car note, working, making money to get you clothes and shoes and to keep food in your mouth, and yet the repay she gets is disrespect. There's also other kinds of mothers that treat their children like nothing, like a straight stranger. But that mom might have gone through something as a kid, and she's putting all that anger, sadness, depression on her child. That's not right but a child still has to respect a mother that acts like that because she also carried you for nine months. She put a roof over your head still and pays bills, makes sure you have food, so you still have to treat her with respect even though she doesn't treat you with respect. She's the adult and your the child. 

Children need to appreciate their mothers now. Even adults need to appreciate their mothers because once they're gone you're going to have a lot of guilt for how horrible you treated them and you're going have a hard time of grief thinking about how miserable you made her. Why you still can go to your mom and tell her you love her, make her proud, help her around that house, and take care of your other siblings. Be responsible, respectful, and don't give her a hard time because it's not funny nor cool. When you're grown and you have kids, I honestly don't think you would want your kids to disrespect you. Being respectful to your mom is worth a lot of memories. You can go back to your children and tell them all about the fantastic childhood you had with your mother. Then you'll think back to yourself one day, and be like “Dang! What a mother I had”. 

A mothers love is more beautiful than a flower - Debasish Mridha

Happy Mother’s Day

This piece was made for Mothers Day which is coming up.