doing it | Teen Ink

doing it

By Karli Young BRONZE, Johnson, Missouri
Karli Young BRONZE, Johnson, Missouri

It may seem like fun but dont do it till your older. and if your a les or gay do it if you want just have sex. just dont do it when your younger and not old enough to have sex.

i hope they learn when your younger dont have sex and have it when your older.

swimmer295 said...
Ditto. 

Bulletproofkid BRONZE, Vero Beach, Florida

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstien

In the US, you have to be 18 and older to have "sex".

pencilsFORhands SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
your body is your temple. It is not healthy to establish that kind of relationship as a teen. Especially since the danger is that one may build a purely physical relationship, disregarding the important emotional aspects. Respect yourself.... dont do it! If they truly love you they will wait! Dont take the leap until you are with you life partner. S3X is not love!!!!! It is merely an expression of it used by married couples, to reafirm the emotional, platonic love that already exhists!!!!!

snudi<3 said...
i don't agree with this, yes of cours you have to be at least 15 but you don't have to be married to do it, you should do it when your ready, married or not!

torilynn400 GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Short, but sweet. I agree. Listen, sex is not something that should be taken lightly, and no matter how old you are, I believe that you should be married and fully commited to the person you're doing it with. That's just my peronal opinion, but maybe it can help people. Very nicely written. :)

Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other

Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit ..... wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad :P

My opinion is that people dont know what there getting themselves into when they get active as a teenager and it isnt something to be taken lightly we should make sure that whoever it is fully understands their decision but there will still be people who after hearing it will make their own decisions but thats just life    .... sad fact I looked the age of concent it is actually legal in most countries to have sex (the majority of places from 14-16 years of age ... only some places it is 18 which I thought it was everywhere :/ anyways

noelleism PLATINUM, Russellville, Alabama

I can not dwell on the past, and I will not live on what the future may hold, but yet take comfort and find perpose in the second yet to come.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live your life first, know who you are.   I would appreciate if you could read 'Before Marriage.' Everyone who commented on this post, not just Keepusfree13.

happy said...
i agree and if they do it then thats there promble dont take it out on other people..

Anoma21 said...
I disagree with this completely, sex is fun, stress relieving and not to mention the ultimate form of the expression of love. Most people that disagree with sex before marriage stem their opinion from teen-pregnancy but there is no reason for any accidental pregnancies if the proper precautions are taken. If the girl is on the pill, the guy is wearing a condom and they both slapped on some spermicide beforehand the risk of pregnancy is negligible so the fault is actually in the people who think that sex education should consist of nothing but "wait until you're married" and totally ignore the fact that teens will have sex regardless of the warnings. These people, like all the Abstinence-only educationers out there teach nothing about proper use of contraceptives and that's the real danger. With no knowledge of how to use contraceptives, teens will continue to get pregnant. Teen sex and sex before marriage in general will always happen and no one is going to stop it, it's just not going to happen so all of those sex ed teachers and parents out there who think it's perfectly fine to not teach about contraceptives and tell their kids to "just wait" are the ones who are in for a world of hurt when their kids are the ones that end up pregnant and the kids that are having sex regularly with contraceptives are still able to lead a normal, teenage life.

Anoma21 said...
I hope you realize that girls in biblical times got married at very young ages, some as young as ten. So are you saying that girls as young as ten are ready to have children? Im not necessarily disagreeing with you but i believe in the use of contraceptives and safe sex . Denying advancements in safe sex , IMHO, is really ignorant and using the bible as a reference for sexually conservative opinions isn't always the smartest idea

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

I totally agree with you KEEPUSFREE13!!!

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

If you having kids at such a young age and you live with your parents i think its dumb casue your stilll a child and soon you would be caring for a child. And how would you take care of it...You want it to have nice things! And for you to get a good job and be able to take care of her have a good education and if you live with your mom and dad and are like 16 or younger and no job no car what will you do then if you family is out of town and something bad happens to you kid!!!! THink before you do!

Liz Lee said...
Liz Lee, Norwalk, California
no effect what so ever with me too

TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California

"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

you shouldn't do it at all if you're not married.

wArm_FuZzies said...
I understand what you mean about age being just a number, but if you get pregnant by mistake, and you're doing sex at a young age, you might not be emotionally ready.

sarah-is-a-goldfish.-[:, Creston, Iowa

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

-Dr. Suess.

i can't completely agree with this. it might sound bad but age is but a number and when you are ready, then you are ready no matter what your age is. just because you have sex with your boyfriend and then break up doesn't mean you didn't love them, it just means you weren't meant to be.

wArm_FuZzies said...
I think that your intention is good about trying to get your message out, but it needs more 'meat', if you will. Perhaps an example or the cause and effect of sex . Also, I would work on grammar/spelling (e.g. les is lesbian ).

/Chelby said...
/Chelby, Yatahey, New Mexico

Can a heart still break if its already stopped beating..?

True.! i agree.. (:

Chane_2014 said...
Chane_2014, Williamson, West Virginia

By His Stripes We Are Healed

You know you should wait until an approate age, but age is just a number, it says in the bible that 2 are not t take on sexual activity untl they are married, and unied as one,

E.L.W. PLATINUM, Glen Allen, Virginia

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels.
The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes -
the ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo.
They push the human race forward.

Yeah, I would use a personal experience, a scenario, or a reason to back up my opinion. And maybe capital letters? And maybe don't abbreviate " lesbian " -- I think that will help you get your message across a little better because honestly, this article had no effect on me.