"i love you" | Teen Ink

"i love you"

By ladytrojan GOLD, Millington, Tennessee
ladytrojan GOLD, Millington, Tennessee

You won world. I said the most dreadful, treacherous words to say. They burn my tongue like acid. I try to swallow them, but they just burn my throat and I have to vehement them back into my mouth. I tried to with stand the fiery pain. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn’t. I was weak. I spat them out and swallowed a cool glass of relief, to diminish some of the burning. Surprisingly, there are no blisters on my tongue. Instead, I feel tickles of lust, slivers of trust, and sparks of peace. I loathe these words. They cut open my chest, rip out my heart, and give it to someone else. They also give them another present, wrapped in a pretty little box with a bow. In the box is a knife, and now they possess the power to stab my heart whenever and as many times as they want. These devilish words trick you into thinking its something good, when in reality, it just gives someone else the power to hurt you. For these words, you compromise your happiness, your health, your pride. Yes, I’ve said these words, and I meant them. I’ve come to figure out that indeed these words give someone so much power, but not all will use it badly. Some will keep your heart in a glass box, lock it, and wear the key as a necklace. They will look at the glass box everyday to make sure your heart is still beating. And if one day they wake up and see that it’s not beating, they will take that knife, that those evil words gave them, and stab their own heart until it stops beating, because then they’ll finally have the same pulse as you.

e.nadeem PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
Love this.

AshleySteve GOLD, Kolkata, Other

Try hard until you succeed and never give up at once 'cause one day you'll definitely reach your goal...!!!

Simply ausome..!!!!

Louis GOLD said...
Louis GOLD, Paris, Other

Too much isn't enough.

you use very effective images, and i like that! i just wish it didn't end in such a cynical way, but if that's how you feel, then you were right to end it this way.

withoutamuse DIAMOND, Dewey, Oklahoma
I love the tone of this piece. It's cynical without being cliche'. Keep it up. I see potential.