Love Waits? | Teen Ink

Love Waits?

By 2stickelmaier GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
2stickelmaier GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Remaining pure until marriage is an idea that has been used for centuries, but recently it’s becoming more popular with the younger generation. Young adults, teenagers, and even pre-teens are starting to sport purity rings to show their abstinence. Others, however, see these rings in a different light.
Purity rings symbolize not having sex until marriage, but marriage is a signed piece of paper. If you’re truly in love with someone, sex is a way of showing that love. That’s why they call it “making love,” not “making love when you’re married.”
“I don’t believe in them. Sex is my reason, if you need one,” Steve, a junior, says.
Some argue that if you’re really in love with someone, then you’ll wait. Life isn’t about waiting. It’s about spending time with the people you love. Television shows sex as a sinful and spur of the moment act. Marriage isn’t what makes sex special. It’s the person you’re with that does.

ImmortalDay said...
Most people who have them look at it through a biblical stand point where its wrong to have premarital sex because your promising that person forever. Now as for sex being casual else where it is I've moved alot and ninty five percent of the people don't love their partner and very few stay in love long. But if you look at it saying you were always in love most people start have sex from 13-16 depending in the area most people don't get married till their 28-30 so this is some one whoes been sexualy active for 12-17 years. no think how many partner they had their love seems a little cheap now right thats if they love all their partner in that time. only for your devorice and infadelity rate to be twice as high as those who waited. sound like some gamble when waiting really isn't that hard.

Selena =] said...
i tOtaLLii dOn'T agree!!! =/

peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Yes, but being in love also means getting married. And then, of course, there are people that do not have sex becuase they are in love. I think you should have sex when you are ready, and in love, and also be safe.

sprinkshine said...
Awesome. I agree fully.