When Will This End? | Teen Ink

When Will This End?

By SnowFlakeStephyy SILVER, Bloomfield, New Jersey
SnowFlakeStephyy SILVER, Bloomfield, New Jersey

Love is such a strong word that is honestly meaningless to most. Children younger and younger each year are, as one might say "going out." Truth be told they aren't, but then again what does the term "going out" mean? Well to me it means, getting asked out to be with somebody you care deeply about, and have strong feelings for. Everyone is different though, to some going out doesn't mean anything close to what I just said, and that is your own opinion. But when kids in the fourth grade start saying that they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, that is where I draw the line. Their parents see what they wear to school and they have nothing to say about this? I'm not sure about you but, I feel when a child that is only of the age of nine or ten is wearing hoop earrings to school, and mini-skirts sets a bad example for everyone around them. The fact that most schools start sexual education in the fourth grade doesn't help out anybody. Yes, even though most of these young kids don't really kiss and go out on a date, they still think it is okay to dress like that. To this mind-spoken teen it isn't. This is what had made out own generation so inappropriate. It is needless to say that some girls just show off their bodies because, they think that will make them popular. Well, it does... with the boys. Now don't think I am trying to say that is all a teenage boy wants, but we have to face the facts of todays age. Yes, you are going to get some people that care about how they look and don't give a damn hat people say. For that I applaud you. The sad part about this is that most of this teenage “love” is going on in the middle and high schools. All I have to say is once you get a reputation of being easy or a user, there is no stopping it, and if you do it is going to be a hard road. Please to all the girls reading this, don't make the same mistakes a lot of us have. You don't need to look good for anyone but your self. Even for the boys that are reading this, if your fiends call you names because you are still a virgin or anything like that, just remember you have your own path to chose. Take care and please be careful.

I know a lot of people that have had so many hard times and yes I am one of them please be careful with your life and choices that you make.

Thank you for the comment

Nancy18 said...
"You don't have to look good for anyone", i love this quote. And i agree with it. I felt this same way when i was younger, but now that I'm older, i can careless how i look. If a guy likes me for me, then he'll like me who I am, not for how i look.