Straight but Not Narrow | Teen Ink

Straight but Not Narrow

By UndiscoveredSweets PLATINUM, Holly Springs, North Carolina
UndiscoveredSweets PLATINUM, Holly Springs, North Carolina

We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths- Walt Disney

Straight but Not Narrow is a non-profit organization that believes that being unique is important. There are many campaigns that are in support of the LGBT community. Straight but Not Narrow is a campaign where they believe that there needs to be more support for the LGBT’s of the world. Constantly, people are being harassed, tortured and tormented because of their sexual orientation. There needs to be more people that are straight that choose to stick up for their gay friends. Wouldn’t the world just be a better place where everyone got along? It shouldn’t matter what gender someone falls for. As people we have the right to like or even love whoever we choose. No one should be forced to keep quiet about something that makes them special. It’s not right that people feel the need to hurt themselves because they’re too scared to come out. Too scared to hear the reactions of people when they say, “I’m gay” or “I’m a lesbian”. Is it fair that people should have to suffer because they’re not sure they’re “welcome”? We were all born equal, and nothing should ever change that. I personally feel that everyone should have the right to be happy and when someone takes that right away, then it’s time that something needs to be done. Does it matter if you don’t know anyone gay at all? No, all it takes is one person to stand up for anyone gay and the rest will follow. That one person for me was Avan Jogia, the guy behind Straight but Not Narrow. He believes that everyone should just be themselves because it’s good enough for him. Being different makes us all interesting, so why change?

For more information, visit www.wearesbnn.com

It's offensive. People may think it's funny but it just doesn't help 

Thedreamcatcher, Ishpeming, Michigan
Yeah! I can not see why gay jokes are funny

You just made a diffrence in some k ids life ^U^