Love and the Snare it has on Us | Teen Ink

Love and the Snare it has on Us

By w.massie.3 BRONZE, Hemet, California
w.massie.3 BRONZE, Hemet, California

Love. My opinion is of course going to be biased. I'm a young man entrapped by it's warm embrace. It comforts me, it gives me something to believe in.
Some say it brings nothing but heartache. I say, if you have really found it, it brings nothing but joy in one way or another.
To this, there are different rules or exceptions. For instance, when the person you love is hurt, upset, or away from you, you will feel their sadness or the lonliness from them being absent. Love is a very strong emotion; it can make people do crazy things. Hell, it even makes animals do crazy things. Come to think of it, we ARE animals are we not? Oh well.
Back to love. It is my favorite of the emotions you can have for someone. The way you feel when you even think about that one you love is moving, it makes you almost drool with need, or is it desire?
Reading this, having never been in love, one might think this makes little to no sense at all. Truthfully, it is quite confusing to those who have been too. You can say you love someone but, honestly you may not. You have to feel it, it has to find you.
So many people say they love someone before they really do. This means they have to grow to it. The problem here is, what if they just are not meant to love that person? What then?
Then, heartbreak ensues. The whole point here is to prevent the most common three word lie made by so many. Don't say "I love you" unless you feel it first. Don't rob someone of the grip of happiness love brings.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

I agree, I really don't understand the concept of "love hurts". It's the absence or the loss of love that hurts, not the love itself. It is the sacrifices trials to achieve that love that hurt, but it doesn't make it less worth while. People go to school for years so they gain knowledge for a career, and the process can be painful, but once we get there, we feel fulfilled.