AmorMoritur | Teen Ink

AmorMoritur

By AmorMoritur PLATINUM, Monroe, North Carolina
AmorMoritur PLATINUM, Monroe, North Carolina

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." ~Ernst Haas

I can sum up everything I've learned about love in two words...it dies. It's not everlasting. It doesn't survive even after someone passes away. It doesn't even survive when people are around. There are no words to describe love. It is fleeting, and shows itself only when it wants to be seen. Then it disappears just as quickly. For all of you who "love" someone out there, realize that it won't last. Everything eventually comes to an end. Book, movies, life, and love. In Latin love dies is amor moritur. Such a beautiful name. Some may think that it is unfitting that such a lovely name should be put on something so "ugly". But I believe that love dying is a wondrous thing. If love never died it would never be reborn, just like if plants didn't die other plants wouldn't grow. When one person's love dies another begins. Besides, doesn't the expression go it's better to have love and lost, than to never have loved at all?

Animatrix SILVER, Welland, Other

"Never give up"

You're writing is logical and has good points. I have a slightly different opinion of love though and if you'd like to hear it you can find it on my account.