GET OVER IT | Teen Ink

GET OVER IT

December 9, 2008
By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
33 articles 2 photos 245 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.


"I love you; you're the only one for me..." Those kind of lines. Another fight, then another make up. You let him in AGAIN. Even if it's the millionth time you've made up within the past month.

Okay, so I'm sitting on the couch, watching pointless re-runs of One Tree Hill. They were good the first time, but the third time...not so great. So, I'm watching Chad Michael Murray forgive Sophia Bush for cheating on him and she tells him she loves him and all is great... another episode comes on.. she is always questioning his love, which angers him... and they're in the pouring rain and he's telling her why he loves her. I mean, seriously? COME ON!
As I'm watching this, my friend calls me up. Her boyfriend (not his real name here), John, had dumped her again and she's just bawling on the other end as if the world was ending. "I think it's over this time... it's really... it's really over..." So, I tried being sympathetic as usual, and tried saying that there are other people out there.... you know the deal. Twenty minutes later, she calls me screaming because they're back together. A week later? Same thing.

Okay, I'm all for relationships. I'm all for searching and falling in love. I'm probably the biggest romantic I know. But, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Love each other or break up. In all fairness, it hurts to just break up then to drag on your breakups through the relationship. Deal with it, suck it up, compromise---whatever. Just stop leading the other person on, break their hearts, then try to fix it. It just doesn't work. And, in all honesty, the person will just fall out of love with you.