What's up with today's music? | Teen Ink

What's up with today's music?

January 22, 2022
By mguirguis24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
mguirguis24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     The Weeknd's new album came out a couple weeks ago. It was very overrated. In my opinion there is one solid song that isn't too bad. I remember the day before the album came out. Everyone was so excited, they all thought it was going to be the greatest hit of 2022. I understand that everyone has a different taste in music and if this album is something they enjoyed then it may be the greatest hit of 2022 for them. But personally I liked one song. I had it on repeat for a couple days. 

     Music nowadays doesn't hit the same anymore. Music creators were much better a couple years ago. Now, people's taste in music is changing because of all the bad music that's been created recently. People are having the same music in their playlists as 2020, which looking back was 2 years ago. People used to be excited whenever music came out because they knew it was gonna be lit. Everyone has a different taste in music and people use it for different reasons. 

     Some people use music as a way to release stress and others use it as background noise to do something. Personally, I like to listen to music all the time. I'm always listening to music. It helps me focus and it has the ability to make me happy. Music can help change your mood, now it's very dangerous that way because just like it can make you happy it can make you sad. It all depends on the genre of music and the type of person you are. Two different people can both listen to rap yet one of them is so happy and hyped up and the other is really upset and sad. Some people don't like music because they think it's distracting and noisy. All people are different, all people like different things. It is played worldwide and it has a taste for all people. Music is used in different ways. People fall asleep to music, dance to music, blast music to be happy, shower to music, they can use it in several ways. People use it to calm down just like how others read or go on a walk. Music has been played for so many years but it has gotten really big for the past 30 years or so. Many people use music now and they use it for all the different reasons.