Why is music so important ? | Teen Ink

Why is music so important ?

June 15, 2023
By Njj GOLD, Tangier, Other
Njj GOLD, Tangier, Other
13 articles 7 photos 9 comments

Musi is universal , practically every culture , every civilisation or society partakes in it .It defines the human beings , their feelings and their thoughts . Moreover , music has always been a way of communicating ideas , noble messages of peace and cohabitation , of tolerance and acceptance . Unfotunately , many people consider it nowadays as a waste of time , an unnecessary activity . But is it really the case ?

Mankind has known music since the Paleolithic periond .Therefore, it has become an omnipresent element in life . Music amuses the solitary herder in green vast pastures , as well as the King in his palace . And if we take a closer look around us , nature offers a stunning example of nearly unnoticeable harmonies which simply constitute a part of music . The falling in winter , the birds singing , the leaves of a tree stoked by the winds,the water from a waterfall...In my opinion , these very souds do not differ much from the playing of a guitar , a piano,a flute , or the soothing voice of a gifted singer .

Another point is that music has a dire influence on human behaviour . Indeed , it has helped numerous people I know to control their feelings , it has empowered and taught them how to manage their anger , sadness and even happiness . Thus , they hardly ever fall in the trap of rash hastily made decisions which they are very liable to regret afterwards .Furthermore , have you ever wondred what role had the musical troops in an army ? Music marches in the front and leads the soldiers .The beating drums and the high sound of trumpets have the magical power to rekindle the warriors' fierceness and to encourge them to fight and surmount their thirst , hunger and fear from the enemy .

Sadly , some random intruders have modified muic and made of it a noisy racket . However , the fond of music is still unchanged thanks to authentic talented musicians with noble taste .

 Some people assume that music is a waste of time and do their best to turn their children away from it , despite its significant role in a child's education . In fact , music may have detrimental effects on irresponsible children's grades for example .In addition , it is plain that music is not the perfect job to earn mony and assure the living of a family . Even though , some singers and musicians achieved much and are currently wealthy people , others have failed to attract the audience and sunk in poverty .All in all , music is or should be only a hobby, and I agree with this .

In conclusion, it is true that music is only a hobby except for really gifted people , yet it is a very enjoyable and rewarding free-time activity . It as a lot of benefits on the musicians and the audience alike .