2012 Disaster | Teen Ink

2012 Disaster

By Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin

There is a popular ancient legend from the Mayan Indians that has got the world in frenzy. The legend is that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012.
Though the legend has been around for centuries, a major motion picture has recently been created by director, Roland Emmerich.
Well known movie critic, Roger Ebert, says the movie was ultimately “the mother of all disaster movies.” The commercials give the movie good hype and have drawn crowds in, but what the audience is finding is that this epic disaster movie…was a disaster itself.
Movie goers of the motion picture have commented on a movie review site called rottentomatoes.com stating their opinion. The comments range from complementing the special affects to pointing out that this movie is cheesy, boring, and 2 hours 45 minutes of recycled footage.
After seeing this movie, I agree. This movie was a flop. Even though the special effects were lifelike and spectacular, the acting and plot ruined what could have been the definition of the best disaster movie yet.
Do not waste $9.00 for this disaster movie. Instead, wait till it appears on TV. It will save you the money, and the 2 hours 45 minutes of time that could be put to better use.