Online piracy crime or not? | Teen Ink

Online piracy crime or not?

By j estrada BRONZE, Austin, Texas
j estrada BRONZE, Austin, Texas

Online piracy crime or not?
Do you have a job? If you don’t it’s all thanks to online piracy. Online piracy is like online stealing. It’s also called copyright infringement. Online piracy is a virus for our economy that is why online piracy should be a crime.
People have lost close to 7100 jobs each year thanks to online piracy. People and record companies lose business. Sometimes record companies go bankrupt.
We have also lost a lot of money because of piracy. Piracy has stolen from us about 66.1 billion dollars including the job lost its brought our economy down by a lot.
What does our government do to stop file sharing websites? Nothing, our government barely banned one of the most famous file sharing websites mega upload. It took them a long time to shut down one file sharing websites.The first file sharing websites was Napster. People that want to get music in Napster now have to pay.
All of these might stop piracy and Make our government do something.Online piracy should be a crime because of all these reasons and can be stopped.