Top 100 Songs, Part 4: Extreme Metal Special | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs, Part 4: Extreme Metal Special

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

70, Endless Tyrannies-Violator, This is some fine art right here. Falling under more of a Sepultura sound, thrash music, this is fast and very heavy. Coming off of the Scenarios of Brutality album this is very good for someone who is a Thrashhead and is one of the fastest songs I know.

69, Ultra Thrash-Crisix, MORE THRASH! Off of their Ultra Thrash album, this makes all the sense possible. It's brutal, in your face, and overall a fun song to listen to. I will make a Thrash Compilation soon so watch out for that.

67, Kingborn-Fleshgog Apocolypse, the first track off of Labyrinth and a darn good one. This isn't nesessarily the most brutal or fastest song but it is the most epic of the bunch. It starts with a man out of breath trying to go through a labyrinth made by the greek gods. Then the music explodes with an atomic bang.

66, Grand Conjeration-Opeth, The last song in the Ghost Reveries album and a good ending at that. The thing that puts it lower on the list is the repeditiveness of the song. So thats why they shortened the song for the music video. Mikeal Akerfeldt and the gang have made yet another amazing song.

65, Marrow-Meshuggah, the sixth track off of Koloss, I really need to get to that review. This is one of the slower songs in the album and the crew in meshuggah and Nuclear Blast records all have a brillient idea for a slow and very heavy djent thrash song. It starts with a nice, heavy bass riff, sound familiar, and the rest of the band goes into overdrive. The drums are defidently the highlights here.

64, Mass Hypnosis-Sepultura, one of the more famous songs from their first album Beneath The Remains in 1986, this in one live show made a clash with Beneath the remains and is also a remarkable feat to accomplish. Those of you who have seen my favorite thrash bands knows that Sepultura is my favorite thus far, and it's all because of their semi-unique sound especailly now, and because of Igor and Max Cavalera. Speaking of which....

63, Terrorize-Cavalera Conspiricy, the third track off of Inflikted and a speedy one at that. CC takes on more of a Death Metal style vocal wise but sound wise, it's still Sepultura with different vocal sounds. By the Way, Cavalera Conspiracy will be releasing a new album soon, check out Pandemonium when it comes out.

62, Phantom Antichrist-Kreator, the second track to their newest album of the same name. This is my third favorite song from these guys and truely are a good band to start off if you want to find good German Metal bands. They are like Metallica in their country.

61, Embedded- Job For A Cowboy, this my friends is what Deathcore SHOULD sound like. In case you don't know, I hate bands like Suicide Silence and Bring Me the Horizon or Asking Alexandria. Off of the album Genesis and also a DLC song in Rock Band this has to do with the New World Order and how if they take over whatever it says in the song is what is going to happen. Great song and if you like Deathcore, I highly recommend these guys.

In case you didn't notice, this part had nothing but Thrash and Death metal in it, mostly thrash, and thats because I love these to genres. It may sound like nothing more than screaming or massive roaring but these are my favorite Extreme metal genres. I do recommend these genres to people who are truely hardcore and can stand ultra heavy and fast music like this.

This was a special Extreme metal episode and i will do the actual part 4 later but I highly recommend these few bands here. Go and listen to great music and those off you watching this stay m/etal. Comment below any Thrash, Death, Doom, and/or Black metal bands you like. Who knows I might just find a new band.