Top 100 Songs, Part 4 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs, Part 4

October 18, 2014
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


70, Someone Who Cares-Three Days Grace, ah, Canadian music at it's finest. Sad to see them go. The eighth track off of the critically acclaimed Life Starts Now album. This is easily one of my favorite songs from these guys. It is dark even for rock, and is very cool.

69, Morphogenesis-Scar Symmetry, well if you want melodic death metal that sounds like In Flames, you came here to the right place. I think thats all that needs to be said here.

68, Master Exploder-Tenacious D, question: who knows who Jack Black is? That's what I thought. From the Pick Of Destiny Sound track along with Beelzeboss and The Metal. Boy does Jack here sure rub it in our faces that he can sing better and has a scream that can rival Rob Halford's!

67, Psychosocial-Slipknot, bet you didn't see these guys coming now did you? Off of the album All Hope Is Gone, the same album with Snuff and Sulfur, this is absolutly brutal. It almost seems like the maggots have gone a completly different route and into less of the Nu-Metal stuff that I tend to stray away from now. Also, it appears in Guitar Hero and Rock Band respectfully.

66, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap-AC/DC, off of the album with the same name it is surly hard rock at it's finest. The Australian dudes are back with another hit album. This is relitivly slow but has a shedding solo for some odd but cool reason. I have heard this on the radio a couple times before too.

65, Evil-Merciful Fate, the first track off of Melissa. Black Metal sure has come a long way fast. Back in the days of old in the 80's Black Metal bands were more of an after thought and sounded a little too much like Thrash Metal. Bands like Venom, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, and of course Merciful Fate all had more of the Satanic culture to them. King Dimond and his crew were the pioneers of this genre. Also, ROB HALFORD VOCAL ALERT!

64, Bleed The Fifth-Divine Heresy, this is my favorite deathcore band. Your argument is invalid. Divine Heresy is a breath of fresh air to other bands, you know what I'm talking about right? Bleed The Fifth, if you have listened in your American History or Civics classes, sounds like Plead The Fifth, interesting bit of trivia there. The first track off of their first album of the same name, and a good starter at that. This is brutal music right here guys. Fear Factory fans would love these guys too.

63, Autotheist Movement-The Faceless, taking on more of the Early Opeth style, this 17 minute epic is fun to listen to, especially part one, Creation. In the album Autotheism, this is three songs in one. A great way to start off an album if I do say so myself.

62, I.M.E.-Helloween, the land of Germany, such a wonderful place to be. Off of the album Gambling With The Devil, this is heavy speed-power metal at it's finest. I love Germany, some of my ancestors were born there, I have family roots all over Europe. Defidently something to look for if you love German Metal or Iron Maiden or any power metal band for that matter.

61, Livin' On A Prayer-Bon Jovi- the 80's was a time of the new wave of british heavy metal, Full House, Hard Rock, and where many other metal genres to unfold. Bon Jovi's main anthem is certainly a plague, it is so catchy that you just help singing to it, but so mainstream that evryone knows about. It has apeared in Guitar Hero and Rock Band as well to play in the games because of that.